Wednesday, October 27, 2010

15 weeks!

Tomorrow marks 15 weeks officially :) We have our next appointment in one week, and then we will schedule "the big ultrasound" for sometime between 18-20 weeks. It's exciting to think in approximately a month, give or take, we could find out if there is a tiny son or daughter in there!

This week in Baby Smith's development:
"Your growing baby now measures about 4 inches long, crown to rump, and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces - about the size of an apple. Baby is busy moving amniotic fluid through the nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in its lungs begin to develop. Its legs are growing longer than its arms now, and he/she can move all of his/her joints and limbs. Although the eyelids are still fused shut, baby can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at your tummy, for instance, baby's likely to move away from the beam. There's not much for your baby to taste at this point, but it is forming taste buds. Finally, if you have an ultrasound this week, you may be able to find out whether your baby's a boy or a girl!" - thank you BabyCenter.com for the weekly updates :)

I feel like I am starting to turn the corner with regard to the morning sickness - in general it's better, although dinner tonight ended up not working out...oh well, bygones :) I'm still doing my Zumba classes twice a week, and overall I feel like I'm pretty much right where I should be. I can't say for sure, but it's possible that I felt a tiny little "tap tap tap" that might or might not have been baby's movements yesterday...I've been vigilant for more signs, but nothing strong enough to be certain yet. Hopefully soon! Any mamas out there - when did you first feel movement?

And for those dying to see my mamaness in the flesh (haha ALL of you, right?) here are some belly shots :) Enjoy. If one can be so inclined to enjoy my pale, currently expanding midsection, that is :)
yikes...that looks surprisingly larger than I imagine it does...

It's always a little better covered up :)


2 comments:

  1. I like the flesh! Haha! :) Also, I think you might feel tiny little movements now. I think if felt like popcorn popping at first...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're still looking so good - I can't believe you're almost halfway done! Fantastic update - keep working on that apple :)

    ReplyDelete