Thursday, October 14, 2010

Second Trimester Baby!

Woohoo! Today marks the beginning of the second trimester :) I'm looking forward to several months of "feeling my best" (I keep hearing this so I'm going to go ahead and believe you people who keep giving me this positive light!) and all the fun things that will occur in the next 3 months. I will begin to feel the baby move this tri, and we will get to find out the baby's sex in about 5 weeks. Matt teased me last night at the grocery store because I was actually looking at food as we walked through the aisles again, so he said I must be ending the first trimester! I really am looking forward to eating again and hoping a wider variety of things begin to sound appealing soon (you know, instead of Sprite, pretzels, yogurt, fruit, and cereal).



This week, in Wee Smith land: "Fingerprints have formed on your baby's tiny fingertips, veins and organs are clearly visible through still-thin skin, and the body is starting to catch up with the head — which makes up just a third of the baby's body size now. If the baby is a girl, she now has more than 2 million eggs in her ovaries. Baby is almost 3 inches long and weighs nearly an ounce." Pretty amazing what's going on in there already!



I don't have a 13 week pic yet, but I'll post a shot from last weekend that shows some of the 12 week bump, if you look closely :) It's shadowed, but you can see it!


2 comments:

  1. I'm so so so glad to be out of the first trimester! I wasn't very tired for most of the first trimester, but hoo boy that's sure catching up to me now. Blurgh. I sure could use the shot of energy they say comes in the second trimester!

    We'll be finding out the gender of our baby the day after Thanksgiving! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that pic, Tots! You'll be feeling good soon, I promise!

    ReplyDelete