Sunday, April 17, 2011

Postponed Induction for tonight

So I felt in my gut that I just wasn't set on having an induction tonight...despite this miserable rash and lack of sleep, I just felt that inducing for a non-medical reason wasn't the way I wanted this to go, at least not yet.  I may still end up being induced in order to get her here, but for now I'm going to try and get through each day at a time and hopefully she'll make her debut very soon, on her own accord. I was weighing the pros and cons of induction, and the potential for a cascade of interventions just won out as the reason not to do this yet.  The other was the thought of an IV taped to my itchy skin and continuous fetal monitors strapped to my belly for the duration of labor...on top of these horrid welts? No.thank.you.

As much as I am ready, ready, ready to meet our girl, I don't want to force her into this world for what might only be a few extra days of this rash.  I have a different prescription for the itching to go pick up today (Atarax) and with Matt's help we are doing our best to distract me when the welts flare up a few times a day.  I figure it's good practice for labor coaching for him anyway, and he's doing a great job! I'm also trying Dandelion Root which I've found online to be a remedy that some have found works from the inside out to help cleanse the liver where the bile salts build up, causing the ensuing rash. I figure it's not going to hurt anything, and it just might help in a few days, so why not try?

We'll be sure to keep everyone up to date when something does change, but for now, no baby news tonight. Maybe she'll decide tonight's her night anyway!! Thank you for all the thoughts and support - it's been so helpful as the past week has really been a challenge.

1 comment: